Tenant Frequently asked questions

  • Western Associates Real Estate Services, Inc.  © 2020    
  • California Department of Real Estate License #01252754                    

When is my rent due?

Rent is always due on the first (1st) of each month however there is a five-day grace period.  Rent is late after 5:00pm of the fifth (5th) day of the month and late fees will apply.  Late rent payments (after the 5th of the month) are only accepted in the form of a cashier's check or money order and must include the late fee.  Cash is not accepted.

Rent is paid to:
Western Associates Real Estate Services, Inc.
300 State Park Drive, #1
Aptos, CA 95003

Tenants can pay their rent by mail, online ACH (contact office for more information), or in person. Please be sure that your address is on your payment.  A dropslot in the front door of the office is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 

Acceptable methods of rent payment are personal check, cashier’s check,  ACH (contact office for more information) or money order.Cash is not accepted.

How do I give my notice to move out?

If you are on a month-to-month rental agreement, you must give a 30-days notice in writing to the office. The 30-day notice period begins when the notice is received by the office.  It is presumed that the entire household is vacating the unit when we receive a 30-days notice.  For more move-out information, click

I want to move out of the unit, but my housemate/roommate wants to stay in the unit.  Is this possible?

Roommate/tenant changes are considered based on our roommate change policy.  Please contact the office to discuss the situation and we can go over the policy and procedures with you.   Please note: CHANGES OF OCCUPANTS/RESIDENTS WITHOUT APPROVAL OF THE OFFICE IS NOT PERMITTED AND IS SUBJECT TO TERMINATION OF TENANCY.

How do I report maintenance problems?

Maintenance problems can be reported by calling our office at (831) 688-0238, follow the phone prompts to reach the maintenance department.  For non-emergency requests, you may also submit them by using the online tenant portal.  If you have not set up your online tenant portal,  please contact the office and and we can send you an email to get started.  **IMPORTANT** If you are experiencing a maintenance emergency such as uncontrollable water or sewer, you must call the office by telephone, DO NOT send emergency maintenance requests through the tenant portal or by email.  For life threatening emergencies, please dial 911.

Do I need approval to paint or make alterations to the unit?

Yes.  Requests for any alterations to the unit must be submitted in writing to the office.  Please be as detailed as possible.  We will respond back to you in writing with a decision.

What if I lock myself out of the unit?  What if I lost my mailbox key?

The office typically has an extra key to your unit, including mail box keys.  Contact the office at (831) 688-0238 to verify we have a copy for you to borrow.  If it is during normal business hours, you can come to the office to sign out a key and must return it within 24 hours.  If you lock yourself out after hours, you must call a locksmith at your expense.

updated 12/19

Telephone: 831-688-0238
Fax: 831-662-8830
California DRE License #01252754
Equal Opportunity Housing Provider